Medium Duty 15 Foot Flex-Wing Brush Cutter MD-180
This easy to clean flex-wing brush cutter is one of the most sturdy medium duty cutters on the market today. It comes with a smooth-top design at a great price, and is perfect for mowing grass and weeds up to 3” in diameter. With deck-rings included as standard equipment, the MD-180 is a great bargain.
Drive Shafts – Shielded PTOs made from finest quality propeller shaft materials and needle bearing universal joints. Category 6 80-degree constant velocity main drive shaft, Category 4 intermediate and wing drive shafts.
Slip Clutch – Three heavy-duty clutches with spring type adjustment and two friction discs.
Blades – 1/2” by 4” material, alloy spring steel, airlift design. Free swinging when encountering obstructions. 8” overlap for better
cutting. Blade tip speed: 15,500 FPM.
Wheels – Four solid rubber tires standard. Independent shock absorbing system for all wheel axles. Cutting height adjustable from 2” to 15”. Optional: 6 tires, aircraft tires, implement tires and foam filled tires.
Dimensions – Cutting width: 15’. Cutting height: adjustable from 2” to 15”. Overall width: 190”. Overall length: 189”. Cutting height for aircraft and implement tires: 2” to 17”.
Transportation width: 88”
Weight – Without chains and tires: 3,700 lb.
With standard tires and single curtain chains: 4,340 lb.
Bush-Whacker Special Deck – Includes a center deck which has a primary (bottom) deck of 10 gauge steel that is welded to heavy duty heavy channel structures. The smooth, easy-to-clean top deck is made of 12 gauge steel and protects the inner support frame. The wing decks are smooth, easy-to-clean 10 gauge steel.
- Hydraulic Adjustments – Hydraulic lift cylinders control raising and lowering of flexible wing (winch assembly for manual wing lift is optional). Wing may be raised to 88 degrees above horizontal and lowered to 22 degrees below horizontal cutting plane. Optional: rephasing level lift systems.
- Other Standard Features Include – Replaceable center and full length wing skid shoes, transport locking bars for each wing, heavy-duty tongue assembly with dual leveling rods, hydraulic hose holder, park jack for easy hookup and unhooking from tractor. Swivel clevis to relieve stress on tractor drawbar. Rubber guards front and back. Chain guards are an added option.
Specifications listed are standard; however, any State Department of Transportation specifications that may differ from standard Bush-Whacker® specifications will take precedence and be implemented into production.
- Structural frame of mower is 3” channel, 1/4” thick.
- Heavy duty 3/8” side skirt with full length skid shoes.
- Deck rings standard.
- Hinges — Structural tubing with grease fittings.
- 4-bolt mounting on gearboxes — bolt-heads are tack-welded to bottom of deck so one person can tighten the nuts or change the gearbox.
Comparison 15′ MD Brush Cutters
|Brand||Bush-Whacker||Bush Hog||Woods||Rhino||John Deere|
|Deck Thickness||10 Gauge/12 Gauge||10 Gauge||11 Gauge||11 Gauge||11 Gauge|
|Side Skirt Thickness||3/8″||1/4″||.18″||1/4″||1/4″|
|Divider Gearbox HP||160 HP||160 HP||190 HP||160 HP||250 HP|
|Spindle Gearbox HP||120 HP||110 HP||160 HP||65 HP||100 HP|
|Blade Size||1/2″ x 4″||1/2″ x 4″||1/2″ x 4″||1/2″ x 4″||1/2″ x 4″|
|Blade Tip Speed||15,500 FPM||15,268 FPM||15,270FPM||14,963 FPM||17,281 FPM|
|Safety Deflectors||Chain Guards||Rubber Belting||Rubber or Chain||Rubber or Chain||Chain Guards|
|Mower Warranty||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited|
|Gearbox Warranty||5 Year Limited||5 Year Limited||6 Year Limited||6 Year Limited||6 Year Limited|
Yellow (Standard) PMS 1235
Blue PMS 293
Red PMS 1795
Orange PMS 172